Jean Neuhaus arrived from Switzerland in 1857 and opened a store in the Galerie de la Reine in Brussels.
The chocolate store grew within the family hands and in 1912, Jean Neuhaus, the grandson of the founder, created the first bite-sized filled chocolate and named it "praline". Fame followed!
His wife, a few years later invented the "ballotin": the luxury box to wrap the pralines carefully.
Today, tradition is still very present with some recipes dating back to the early 20th century. As a "Créateur Chocolatier", Neuhaus continues to develop new recipes, shapes, flavours with full respect of quality and 150 years of tradition.